G Suite is a suite of collaborative productivity apps that offers your business professional email, shared calendars, online document editing and storage, video meetings, and much more.
G Suite are applications that work together and are designed to tear down SILOS.
Just as management gurus and overpaid consultants have been telling anyone who’ll listen for at least a couple of decades now, SILOS are bad. On an individual level, silos make everyone less efficient and less productive; on a departmental level, silos create duplication of effort and endless turf wars; on a company level, silos inhibit growth and innovation.
HOW TO GET RID OF SILOS.
- Make it easy for individuals to access their software and documents no matter where they are or what type of device they’re using.
- Make it easy for people on the same team or in the same department to collaborate with each other.
- Make it easy for people on different teams or in different departments to share information with each other.
HOW G SUITE CAN TEAR DOWN SILOS.
- G Suite apps aren’t installed on your computer: Instead, they live online so you can access them from any location that has Internet access, using any type of device that you have in hand.
- G Suite apps are built with collaboration in mind. For example, two or more people can work on the same document at the same time. G Suite also enables you to easily email, meet, and chat with members of your team or department.
- G Suite documents aren’t stored on your computer. Instead, all G Suite data and documents reside in the cloud
G SUITE APPLICATIONS AND THEIR USE.
- Gmail: Send and receive email messages.
- Calendar: Maintain an online schedule of appointments and other events.
- Contacts: Create and maintain an online address book.
- Docs: Create, edit, and collaborate on word processing documents.
- Sheets: Create, edit, and collaborate on spreadsheets.
- Slides: Create, edit, and collaborate on presentations.
- Meet: Set up and join online meetings. You can invite and share resources to a meeting.
- Chat: Exchange real-time messages with members of your team, department, or organization.
- Groups: Join and create groups for posting messages, sharing files, and more.
- Forms: Create forms, quizzes, and surveys to gather information and opinions from members of your team, department, or organization.
- Keep: Create, edit, and share notes.
- Drive: Store, manage, and share files online.